 Space / 28108
Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:53:28 GMT

"Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
Yeah.  I'll retract those two rules.  They are too limiting.  I tried to
build a sample train/corridor model and it just doesn't fit : (
I think if we're going to do trains we need to revisit the corridor
height/setback again.  Even the new 10 brick height spec isn't enough
for a metroliner-ish train to clear : (  I think we need 12 bricks high
and 6 studs of setback.  That'd let us run 8 or 10 wide trains between
modules with no problems.  Check out this pic to see what I mean.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/moonbase/traincar.jpg

Now that I disagree with.  I don't think the standard should bend because we
need tall trains.  Just make em short.  Like Larry said, even some mining
carts are only 48" tall.

--
[  j o n ]
http://zemi.net