 Space / 18225
Re: New Sets 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:41:08 GMT

-Sand red battle droids.
-Three of the new 6x6 solid dishes we saw in the ISD.  Very cool.  And
someone pinch me...is that a 3x3 dish?!  Or is it a 3x3 disc from technic
sets?

Looks like a 3x3 dish -- it's curved. Plus:

http://home.t-online.de/home/gierse-gmbh/bilder/news2003/7418.jpg

It appears to be the same piece but painted and used as the shields here.
Looking at the painted shields, there's a red line that seems about the
right place that a 2x2 dish would end..looks about the same size, then as
the tan piece you're looking at..  very cool.

I certainly didn't see Micro-fig scale ships as a new product line coming
along - I haven't been following a lot of threads the last 10 months or so
around here so maybe I just missed it, but seeing a whole line and not just
the micro fig 'to scale' Corellian Corvette to go with the ISD is a very
awesome surprise. There are so many pieces in just these sets that I want,
it's amazing.

The mini fig SW sets are good, I like the playsets for Jabba's Palace  and
the Skyhopper the best but the others have pieces that make them worthwhile,
too.

The Creator Mini Mechs -- just seeing them made my jaw drop. They're not awe
inspiring, but.... they're MAKING some... this can only be a good thing. One
can hope they sell well to encourage further ventures into this arena and
not just Bionicle land.

The Adventurers... well.. dang. Scimitars, a new style of shield (or part
that will double as one!), E'phalents, turbins in assorted colors (!),  what
appear to be new hats in 7417 (but could just be the angle of the shot),
black roof slopes out the yazoo, A yeti (!!), and what looks like a
Tiger-man (!!!)... there is SO much to be happy about with this.

I can't tell if we've just been handed the sets for (cough) Tomb Raider, or
a LEGO remake of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom...

Any way I look at it, I have to agree with the statement others have made.
This is the first full release that has had more than 3-4 sets I loved and
the rest I could take or leave.

'03 is gonna be a very good year for LEGO indeed.

Joel J