 Space / 10929
Re: Gasaraki 1, any good?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:08:18 GMT

Borislav Marinov at GW0Custom@aol.com wrote:

Wow, quite a few replies here!
Let me try to explain my theory in a different way and you can tell me if you
guys agree with me or not?
"Mech combat are not compatible with non-mech space combat."
or rephrased:
"Mechs fight with mechs and they can not exist in any of the non-mech
universes
because of their style of combat."

I don't see how this question is even debatable, because you're talking
about fictional technologies, most of which disobey all current known laws
of physics. You might be able to debate specific cases, but it's still
extremely difficult to do so, given that most series define their own
technologies.

There are capital ship fights in BG
Really? Which episodes? I only remember lots of Vipers zooming around. I
also only recall Base Stars closing distance enough to spew Raiders at the
rag tag fugitive fleet.
There's an episode guide on www.battlestargalactica.com so don't give me any
"I don't remember which episode" BS.
There is an episode where a second battle star joins in under the command of
some hot shot captian who has been constantly attacking the planet Gamore for
the past several years.  He engages two of Baltar's base ships in a two to one
capital ship combat.

Ah, Cain and the Battlestar Pegasus. If I recall correctly, that was a last
ditch effort by Cain to allow the rest of the fleet to escape. Not exactly
common operating procedure for a Battlestar to engage a Baseship directly.

Sort of like how modern day aircraft carriers don't duke it out with
battleships. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations