 Robotics / Spybotics / *316 (-40)
  Re: Spybots communication

(...) To send and receive IR or VLL messages using NQC and Spybots you would write a program something like this: #define VLLEvent 1 #define MessageEvent 2 void DebugOut(const int &x) { SetLED(LED_MODE_ON, (x & 0x17) | ((x & 8) * 4) | ((x & 32) / (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

Has anyone got messaging from the RCX2 to Spybotics working? Would be great to hear if you have! (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybots communication

Hello, how can I establish communication between Spybots. I’ve found “SendSpybotMessage” function in extended John Hansen‘s spybot api, but I don’t know how to use it. I want to use two spybots to build one robot, so I need two way communication (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  BricxCC home page is moving!

At the end of last year I finally signed up for high speed internet access from Comcast. Included in the agreement (with my wife) is that I would get rid of my long association with AOL. I've had the JohnBinder AOL email address for many, many years (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NQC & Spybot subroutine code generation bug

I have just received a report from a user that NQC programs containing subroutines do not execute correctly against the Spybot platform. I have confirmed that this is a problem with all versions of NQC which support the Spybot brick. This program: (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotics VLL & NQC

Hi, I'm having a frustrating time again! I've given up on trying to read the Spybotic controller and have turned my attention to the VLL cable. Can anyone help me with setting up comms between an old laptop PC and a Spybotic pBrick, all I want to do (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

(...) Upon further review, it would appear that (at least on my machine and one other that I have heard about) the new release of BricxCC (3.3.7.7) does, in fact, correctly download the brickOS firmware. My previous tests were using an old copy of (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Very! I don't expect to use the game data often, but it would be nice to have the option of having it available or not. thanks for the great work! (20 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Reading Spybotic controller

Thanks Steve, I was having some trouble with MindScript, but I'll give it another try. Thanks again John (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Reading Spybotic controller

(...) I seem to remember in Mindscript, there is a way to disable the RC messages. I think it was something like "setRCDisable" I'm not sure if that is implemented in the latest verson of NQC. (and I'm not sure if that's the right command) But I (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics)

  Reading Spybotic controller

Hi, I've been trying some experiments with Spybotic communications using Bricxcc and NQC. I have been able to send and receive messages using 'SendSpybotMessage()' and 'RxMessage()' However, when I try to read the controller, I am only able to (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

(...) Unfortunately, BricxCC is still not downloading the brickOS firmware correctly. I will look into this problem and try to fix it. In the mean time, you can use firmdl3 which works correctly. John Hansen (20 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

I've released version 3.3.7.7 of BricxCC today. It adds a Spybot EEPROM tool window. It adds a new configurable watch tool window. It adds a new generic set source value tool window. It adds a hot key (F2) for the pbForth console. The position of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

Hi John, Thanks to your pre-built BrickOS tools, I have finally installed it on my Windows 2000 machine (I tried several times in the past... no luck !). The installation was really fast and easy, the only problem I got was that the default BrickOS (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:HrB87H.17p1@lugnet.com... (...) future one) for NQC (...) I think your question probably meant "can I use FastTimer in defining events because I want better resolution than is possible with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) I will make this change. Thanks for the report! John Hansen (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) According to the LEGO documentation, only the normal (source 1) Timers can be used as an event source. The ‘sensors’ for which events can be generated are: · Physical sensors (Source 9, Range 0-2, Logical number 0-2) · System timers (Source 1, (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

small suggestion: when you've a syntax error in NQC, it goes like this - error is reported - you correct the error - recompile the source - code is downloaded - error message disappears In my opinion, the last 2 actions should be the other way (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Here's a suggestion/question: is it possible (either in the current incarnation or a future one) for NQC to use FastTimer() as a source for events? Timer() works, but not (it seems) FastTimer(). (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybot on shop@home

(...) I agree! I went for the shop@home offer (in the Netherlands, they are 45 euros) and got me a SnapTrax. It is a blast to play with - even when just using the remote control to drive it around (chasing cats...). I just finished my first official (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) ;o) ... but why not ? (...) You're right, I should try pbForth, actually I intend to do that for a while but never jumped in. In the late 80's, I was involved in a point of sales terminal project that was programmed with a preemptive (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: NQC's future

(...) Ha Ha, very funny :-) Seriously, Philippe, why not give pbForth a try? I know that NQC works great on both the Spybots and the RCX, and even Cybermaster. But if you're looking for speed, higher precision, lots of variables and generally more (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Something I'd like to see implemented in NQC is a mixed-mode multiply/divide, similar to the */ operator in Forth, with an intermediary 32bits product. That would greatly ease precision calculations without requiring major structural (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybots & Java

(...) Thanks for the helpful clarification, John -- and a Happy New Year! Cheers, Martin (20 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybots & Java

(...) The Spybot brick doesn't support replacement firmwares, so it is impossible to use Java with it. At this point NQC and LASM/MindScript are your only options for programming the Spybot brick. MindScript is currently your best option, but with (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybots & Java

Hello All, as I have a) Spybots, and b) to learn Java, I am wondering if there are tools by now to program the former with the latter? I know that NQC supports Spybots, but what about e.g. leJOS? Are there any projects aiming to run Spybots by Java? (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybot on shop@home

(...) You will have fun with it! I know I did! It's like a video game, except in real life :) Gave one to my nephew a while back and he still does missions with it. Dave K (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybot on shop@home

The german shop@home dropped the spybots from 80+ Euro to 41 Euro. So I finally gave up and ordered one :) Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

Sorry for the french .... But the description is true nanobapt (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) Wow! I've just discovered Bricxcc! Thank you very much for providing such a useful tool. I'm using PbForth and I was impressed by what you've included in BricxCC. Just to share with you, here's what I did so far. I've renamed the Help file so (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, FTX)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) click thru to: Présentation (URL) I found the English page: (URL) my eye, Babelfish seems to think the French there says: Legnoppix is a version of Knoppix Linux, bootable via CD even in a PC that ordinarily boots Windows. Legnoppix differs (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) NQC is a language/compiler which works with the standard LEGO firmware(s). I don't anticipate that ever changing. But here's a glimpse of something new for the Spybot target that might be interesting to NQC users. Would 256 (or 128, if you (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Dear John, Even if it requires a firmware replacement, please add: - more variables, - float type variables, - string type variables, - certain math library (sin, cos, exp, ...) - at least good approximations, - more subs, - functions with (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) and what about this : (URL) <- my legnoppix project nanobapt (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) By the way, people who have a CD-booting Windows-compatible PC have free Linux too, via a boot CD that works without repartitioning (or even writing) the boot HDD: (URL) I think I specifically remember seeing rcx serial port tools work there, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) I think you are the victim of too much snippage... :-) If you reread the original message, there is indeed mention of adding various Spybot related features but the "non-standard firmware support" was in reference to NQC in general. I assume (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) All, I thought that the spybot could not have the firmware replaced. Am I wrong? -Andrea (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

I would like functions to be able to return something other than zero. (If there's a way to do this (other than global variables) already, please let me know!) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) I am happy to help out as best I can. Unfortunately, there is little chance that I will do as good a job as Dave Baum has done over the years. But I'll try my best. (...) Yes. When I can find the time. I'm also trying to find the time to do a (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, John Hansen wrote: John, thanks for taking on the maintenance and improvement of NQC. (...) I'd definitely like to see this one implemented, when you can find the time. :-) Mark (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact