 Robotics / Spybotics / 292
Re: Spybots & Java
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:05:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Martin Erdelen wrote:
Hello All,

as I have a) Spybots, and b) to learn Java, I am wondering if there are tools by
now to program the former with the latter?
I know that NQC supports Spybots, but what about e.g. leJOS?
Are there any projects aiming to run Spybots by Java?

The Spybot brick doesn't support replacement firmwares, so it is impossible to
use Java with it.  At this point NQC and LASM/MindScript are your only options
for programming the Spybot brick.  MindScript is currently your best option, but
with any luck NQC will soon have better support for many of the Spybot's
advanced features.

John Hansen