 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1401 – 1420 of 2193.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: multiple motors

(...) Actually, I think what he's suggesting is a pretty good idea. I usually test most of my sumo robots this way. Place the robot next to a wall. If you don't want to damage a wall with a big, powerful robot, :) use a book held against the floor (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.418)

  Re: IR transmission, strange coding ?

(...) As far as I remember (it's been > 10 years) startbits are 0, stopbits are 1. (...) This is strange, are you sure it is not the odd parity bit? (...) That's fine, 1 is the 'passive' and 0 is the 'active' level. Jürgen (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.418)

  Re: IR remote control codes.

thanks Kekoa, not only for this answer, but also for your great job in disassembling and documenting the the opcodes, I used them a lot in the past. (...) Well I think, I know all about it now, there a few strange things about it: 1. you don't have (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.418)

  Re: IR remote control codes.

(...) What exactly do you want to know about this opcode? I have the full documentation in the form of the firmware disassembly... and it is online. See address 9700 of the disassembly at: (URL) you can't find it, search for "d2 opcode handler". I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.418)

  Re: where leJOS firmware ?

(...) In RAM, as specified. RAM will hold onto the data just fine, as long as you supply power to it. And the RCX RAM is powered, via battery (that's why if you remove the batteries, you loose the firmware... and everything else). (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

long
(score: 0.418)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) Dave, first thank you for NQC and its Mac support. If only its collegues weren't such a headache! I am using a serial tower with a Keyspan adapter and the setup works great for NQC following your readme file. I had been wondering though, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 0.417)

  BricxCC home page is moving!

At the end of last year I finally signed up for high speed internet access from Comcast. Included in the agreement (with my wife) is that I would get rid of my long association with AOL. I've had the JohnBinder AOL email address for many, many years (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.417)

  RE: Using IR Remote within pbFORTH

(...) If Caldera OpenDos supports QBASIC, then there is a program out there. I'll email it to you separately. (...) This can be awkward, because pbForth is expecting communications at 2400,n,8,1 while the remote is at 2400,o,8,1 You can call a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir
(score: 0.417)

  Re: where to buy individual parts?

(...) Beware! A normal serial cable, with the attachment screws on each side of the D-shell, doesn't fit down the recess on the back of the tower (or at least, mine doesn't). regards, Ian SMith (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 0.417)

  Using IR Remote within pbFORTH

I'm trying to work a project for class using a Mindstorms kit. I want to program the system using Forth, but I've had two minor glitches. 1) Is it possible to download the firmware from an old DOS system? I've had no problem using NQC, but the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir
(score: 0.417)

  Re: Using IR Remote within pbFORTH

(...) Interesting. What sort of class/project is this? (...) I think I have some DOS dowload program at home. I never tried it, so I can't tell you whether it really works. I got it from the internet, so I suggest you try some search engines. If you (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir
(score: 0.417)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

(...) Chris, First, I think the code in the main function should be as follows: int main( int argc, char* argv[] ) { char buf[256]; int len; //notice the variable i is missing lnp_address_set_handler( 1, port_handler ); while(1) { len = (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.416)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

Albert, Thanks for responding to my post! I had trouble compileing the code maybe you could help or e-mail me the original.Thanks here is the error report: brick1.c: In function `read_from_ir': brick1.c:40: warning: passing arg 1 of `memcpy' di rget (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.416)

  Re: WORDLIST

(...) Long time no see:) Below is source for .S DUMP WORDS and SEE. Usage of the individual words should be basically clear, but I have some remarks nontheless: - Those words were originally embedded in a collection of words that I always load. I (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

long
(score: 0.415)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

Hi Chris, I just started experimenting with brick-to-brick rcx communication. This is some code that I got working. It doesn't do a whole lot, but it demonstrates the basics of what you need to do. There are two bricks involved. Hostmask is 0xf0. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.415)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

I have successfully used a Belkin USB to Serial Adapter on my IBM laptop. Below is a link to the latest model: (URL) <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GGxsvH.Gw8@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 0.414)

  RE: WORDLIST

Good questions Juanma! If WORDS is very important for you, I can write up a quick tutorial on how to do that. I'm pretty sure all of the CORE or REQUIRED ANS Forth words are supported. I'll need to update my build script to output a list of the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

long
(score: 0.414)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

(...) I am not sure if the USB serial ports work for all applications. You might want to be a bit careful. I have some older programs which expect to find real hardware COM ports and they don't recognise the USB variety. JB (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 0.414)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

(...) There are external Serial ports that you can buy and plug into your USB ports. I would think that might be the easiest way to go. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 0.414)

  Re: Design by Contract (long post)

Thanks, Tim. I haven't used the #x idiom myself - I like it. Your implementation with the boolean: (...) Will need an extra level of parenthesis surrounding the bool so that its declaration scope is made local. You can certainly go to town with this (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

long
(score: 0.414)

More:  Next Page >>