 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2161
Re: legOS on Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:09:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Dave Baum writes:

If you are using a Keyspan USB/serial adapter, then firmdl and other
utils should work just fine since the Keyspan driver makes a /dev entry
that is a fairly standard tty device.  Only problem I've seen is that
tcdrain() hangs - can't tell if its a kernel problem or driver problem.

Dave, first thank you for NQC and its Mac support. If only its collegues
weren't such a headache!  I am using a serial tower with a Keyspan adapter
and the setup works great for NQC following your readme file. I had been
wondering though, what's the difference between cu.KeyUSA19* and
tty.KeyUSA19* created in /dev? I've built TinyVM on my machine but it can't
seem to access the tower. I've set it to use cu.KeyUSA19 as in NQC. Do you
think this might be the problem? Just curious. I'm concentrating on legOS
right now but I thought that I might have the same problem if I ever get it
to work.

Anyway, mustn't get ahead of myself. Binutils is in place. On Eriks
suggestion I got the gcc source from the Apple CVS server but that failed at
step 9 of http://legos.sourceforge.net/HOWTO/x117.html :

make: *** No rule to make target `cross'.  Stop.

It appears that this version doesn't accept the same arguements as in the
howto pages.

So, were now? As I mentioned in 2156, I've been looking at gcc supported
platforms pages: http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#powerpc-*-darwin*
. Is the cctools problem mentioned something I need to look into. Anyone?
Anyone? (Wasn't that teacher in Ferris Bueller's Day Off great?)

Seb.