 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2162
Re: legOS on Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:36:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Seb Nash writes:

Anyway, mustn't get ahead of myself. Binutils is in place. On Eriks
suggestion I got the gcc source from the Apple CVS server but that failed at
step 9 of http://legos.sourceforge.net/HOWTO/x117.html :

make: *** No rule to make target `cross'.  Stop.

It appears that this version doesn't accept the same arguements as in the
howto pages.

So, were now? As I mentioned in 2156, I've been looking at gcc supported
platforms pages: http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#powerpc-*-darwin*
. Is the cctools problem mentioned something I need to look into. Anyone?
Anyone? (Wasn't that teacher in Ferris Bueller's Day Off great?)

8?)

Only suggestion I have here is the Darwin developer mailing list(s). Or even
the doco with their version may explain how to build a cross-compiler. They may
have removed support, though unlikely if configure accepted the h8 target. They
may have just removed (or modified) the rules in the makefile(s). You could
search the makefiles for any mention of "cross", but that's probably more of a
last resort.

ROSCO