 Robotics / 3228
Re: Thoughts on Turning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 05:04:55 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote in message
news:36ac7ccf.83855140@lugnet.com...

It sounds liek a very nice way of doing things. Does it require three
motors tho? One forward reverse, one left right, and one for
lowering/raising the 5th wheel? I could think of a way to do it with
one motor for left/right _and_ forward/reverse, I think, so that is
only takes two motors total. But that would be harder to construct.
Maybe with an 8880 gearbox :)

The first version simply dragged the fifth wheel and flipped up onto it when
the unit reversed for a moment, this worked but obviously prevented simply
backing up.  Currently I use a third motor with a worm gear/40 tooth combo
to turn the pivot arm down and lock it in place.

Do you have any pictures posted anywhere? It sounds like a very nice
solution, precisewly because it's so different :)

Hmm, wonder if that snappy would produce decent details.  Probably tomorrow.

-Blake