 Robotics / 3184
Re: Thoughts on Turning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:07:14 GMT

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Blake Coverett wrote:
Well, enough rambling for now.  Any one else using a similar sort of design?
Thoughts on improving this one?  Better ways to implement the first two
options?  Other completely different ways of handling the steering problem?

take a look at http://www.phred.org/~alex/lego.  There are two robots
there based on an adder/subtractor that uses two differentials.  The 2nd
design (at the bottom of the page) is much more efficient then the first,
so if you build one I'd suggest starting there.  There is a website
where someone made directions for it using LDraw... I'll find the URL
soon (probably within a few hours) and update my page with that.

alex