 Robotics / 3262
Re: Thoughts on Turning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 05:02:08 GMT

How will the adder/subtractor help with your need for feedback in the turn ?

Will you use your modified rotation sensor to somehow achieve this ?

Also, I do not have a web page to put them on, but I built two modified
versions of the second example of the adder/subtractor shown on Alex' site
(his "father's design" I think he called it). I built it two ways, both of
them obviate the need for any offset gears, all the shaft-to-shaft gears are
in-line, which makes it unnecessary to reinforce things against the stress
forcing things apart.

If you like, I could EMAIL the pics to anyone who wants to see them, or
perhaps someone could volunteer to put them up on a page.

I did not actually build a vehicle around the two designs, this was more a
study of how to arrive at the same results in a minimal space in one
dimension or the other. Fun stuff...

--
SeeYa !

Blake Coverett wrote in message ...