 Robotics / 3266
Re: Thoughts on Turning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 05:56:05 GMT

Cyberia <cyberia@erols.com> wrote in message news:F67CnM.4sr@lugnet.com...
How will the adder/subtractor help with your need for feedback in the turn
?

Separate issues, the adder/subtractor (is there really not a better existing
name for this device btw?) is to deal with the slight variations in motor
power that prevent a truely straight line.  Though this is really not a big
problem with this configuration, because the resistance of the front wheels
to slipping sideways makes the curve entirely unnoticable over less than 2-3
meters.

Will you use your modified rotation sensor to somehow achieve this ?

Yes, this part already works.  The axle of the fifth wheel goes directly
through the improvised rotation sensor, so when the bot is turning I get
narrow pulses as that wheel tracks around the circle.

-Blake