 Robotics / 3199
Re: Thoughts on Turning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:01:54 GMT

I made a wheel that could roll sideways. That way you don't have to raise
and lower the turn wheel. Check out "Curvy1" at
http://www.mindspring.com/~clagett/bill/lego/robots/index.html. It needs
some refinement, but the idea works.

Bill

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36ac7ccf.83855140@lugnet.com>...
It sounds liek a very nice way of doing things. Does it require three
motors tho? One forward reverse, one left right, and one for
lowering/raising the 5th wheel? I could think of a way to do it with
one motor for left/right _and_ forward/reverse, I think, so that is
only takes two motors total. But that would be harder to construct.
Maybe with an 8880 gearbox :)