 Robotics / 3200
Re: IrDA anyone ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:02:23 GMT

Hello My name is Jin Sato, One of Japanese MindStorms mania.
I have to apologize my English is limited.  (Japanese is mother tongue)

BTW.

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:02:02 +0000
"Kin W. Lau" <kin.lau@ic.ac.uk> wrote:

Actually.  we created  program for RUPUTER.

RUPUTER is very small computer. like watch,  It has 2 or 4M RAM and
16Bit CPU & IR port.
And  you can develop programs by GNU C.

Ruputer Home Page => http://ruputer.com/english/
and User Page: http://members.tripod.com/~timexfun/index.html

I don't have english page yet. but you may check a following page.
http://www.mi-ra-i.com/JinSato/MindStorms/Ruputer/index.html
http://www.mi-ra-i.com/JinSato/MindStorms/Ruputer/rcxMct.html

My rcxMct program is using RUPUTER IR port with direct I/O control.
and send  RCX OP Code  to Turn On/Off Motor.

So I think, if we have enough infomation of target hardware
and hardware support 38Khz IR  and programing skill and lot of time.
It is possible to develop RCX control program.

I wonder would it be possible to communicate with the RCX using an IrDA
compliant IR port such as ones on Notebooks or H/PC. I know someone had
done it with his HP palmtop.

Is IrDA standard IR port operating within the bandwidth of the RCX IR
port ?

I would certainly like to try communicating with RCX using my notebook.

Regards,
--
Kin W. Lau
Digital Communications And Signal Processing Group,

Email:  kin.lau@ic.ac.uk
kxl@bts.co.uk

Jin Sato   :  jinsato@magi.com * http://www.mi-ra-i.com/JinSato/index-j.html
MindStorms Info Center  http://www.mi-ra-i.com/JinSato/MindStorms/index.html