 Robotics / 3201
Re: Thoughts on Turning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:30:27 GMT

Blake Coverett wrote:

I'm one of those newly returned to lego types, drawn in by the appearance of
the MindStorms kit.

Cool!  me too!  (Actually, my wife has been getting on my case lately because
I've been "pilfering" some of the kids' LEGO stuff to experiment, so I'm going
to need to get more of my own.)

... <comments on steering systems snipped>

One of the cleverest ideas I saw for a steering system was something the person
who built it called a "synchro-drive".  It's a 4 wheel drive system, with the
wheels set up to turn together to face in any direction .  There are photographs
of a synchro-drive robot platform near the bottom of the page found at
http://www.net-info.com/~dcarlson/.

Mark