 Robotics / 3227
3226  |  3228
Subject:
Woah there!! (was Re: Thoughts on Turning)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 05:04:47 GMT

Nick Taylor wrote:

Mark - - -

I do not understand why you want to get into a pissing contest about
using the
HandyBoard with LEGO robots.  My first (and only) posting to you was
an
honest attempt to help you, and I apologized when I realised that it
wasn't HB
information that you were looking for.  Now, when I respond to another

person's request for information you again jump in with your
contradictions.

I'll make you a deal, Mark.  I won't read your posts, and you please
do not
respond to my posts to others.

It was not my intent for my comments to diminish the usefulness of your
suggestions.  If that's what it appeared to accomplish, I'm sorry.  The
impracticality of the Handyboard for just having fun with a combination
of a robust microcontroller and LEGO happens to personally upset me
greatly.  I do not dislike the handyboard at all, in fact, I am very
impressed by its capabilities.  However, the Handyboard is *NOT* truly
LEGO compatible, yet it is touted as the only commercially available
choice for any LEGO builder who wants a more powerful unit than the
RCX.  There is not any obvious way for an individual who doesn't know
much about the details of physical manufacture to aquire or build a
durable and fully LEGO-compatible (including LEGO electric connector
compatible) case for it.  Last I checked, this was lugnet.robotics, not
comp.robotics.misc.  Since this is a LEGO related discussion group, I
don't think my comments were entirely misplaced... (albeit perhaps I
should have started a new thread.  I will try to be more conscientious
of that in the future).  As it happens, I am *VERY* new to robotics, but
an old-time LEGO lover, and, I think, a pretty good programmer, who may
be just a wee bit on the power-user side.  I very, very much want a
solution to my situation... and I suppose I was publicly expressing my
frustrations in the hope that somebody out there might happen to know a
solution that would work for me.  I'll stop now.

[rant mode off]
Mark