 Robotics / 2940
2939  |  2941
Subject:
Off topic [was Re: is Mindstorm/RCX Y2K Compliant???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:37:42 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 19:53:26 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Russell
Nelson) wrote:

Did you *tell* it which year it was??

Then why do you think it cares??

It's a microcontroller. Therefore it has an internal clock. Therefore
it can suffer from Y2K, if it hasn't been removed.

Sheesh, this Y2K panic is getting completely out of hand.

No it's not. We're not even close to getting everything away. How do
you think we will fare if the world's stockmarkets can't function
anymore because of a comp crash? or, which is a more likely scenario,
the stockmarket will just crash completely because of companies going
belly up when they're not prepared...

The most likely scenario is that so many people are in such a tizzy about
Y2K that there will be runs on banks throughout the civilized world
before the end of the year, causing total economic collapse.  Ignorance,
not computer bugs, are the worst problem.

Mark