 Robotics / 2968
Re: is Mindstorm/RCX Y2K Compliant???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:52:38 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 19:53:26 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Russell
Nelson) wrote:

Did you *tell* it which year it was??

Then why do you think it cares??

It's a microcontroller. Therefore it has an internal clock. Therefore
it can suffer from Y2K, if it hasn't been removed.

Only, ONLY, if it uses date arithmetic that crosses the Y2K boundary.

Your ancient PC, that has not been upgraded, will function just fine
on Jan 1 2000, regardless.  It may not be showing you the correct date,
because of the rollover, and anything like Quicken that might be doing
date-related math will have trouble.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |