 Robotics / 2084
Re: Is Super Car Y2K Compliant? [was: is Mindstorm/RCX Y2K Compliant???]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 18:47:55 GMT

Now you tell me!

I was putting together my *brand new* 8880 last night. It was a very
expensive present to myself that arrived via Priority Mail that
morning.

I was doing a roll over test and had all of my LEGO set to 1999
to verify that the 2000 rollover would happen without any failed
parts.

#2 axles! How was I to know they had embedded controllers!

I was on step 12 when the box containing the rest of the parts
burst into flames. If it wasn't for my quick thinking the RCX
would have been next.

Dave, next time *please* post this type of information enough
in advance that I can have my Y2K SWAT team in to inspect
the system *before* failure.

:-)

--- Nancy

Peter Hesketh wrote:

In article <dbaum-3112982109230001@usrx2-189.chi-focal.enteract.com>,
Dave Baum <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes
Sorry, #8880 isn't Y2K compliant.  The original (non-notched) #2 axles
will spontaneously combust on 2/29/00.  You should upgrade all older
Technic sets to use the newer notched #2 axles which are Y2K compliant.

ROFL!
--
Regards - Peter Hesketh, Mynyddbach, Mon.
Forty reasons why a dog is better than a woman: number 15

Nancy Evelyn Gold (nancyg@sgi.com)
1993 BMW K1100LT "Chloe" - DoD# 1184 - BMWMOA
++ Only Open DVD Delivers! Just say no to DIVX. ++