 Robotics / 2944
RE: is Mindstorm/RCX Y2K Compliant???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 01:01:52 GMT

This is getting way out of hand...

Did you *tell* it which year it was??

Then why do you think it cares??

It's a microcontroller. Therefore it has an internal clock. Therefore
it can suffer from Y2K, if it hasn't been removed.

If it doesn't know what year it is, then it can't have a Y2K problem!

And even if it would know about the year, and even if there was a Y2K bug, I
don't think it would matter much. In the worst case, your robot turns left
instead of right at midnight or something like that. Simply reset it, or
keep it powered off at the suspect time. Or change it's clock to a different
year.

Tilman