 Robotics / 2939
Re: is Mindstorm/RCX Y2K Compliant???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:25:51 GMT

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 19:53:26 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Russell
Nelson) wrote:

Did you *tell* it which year it was??

Then why do you think it cares??

It's a microcontroller. Therefore it has an internal clock. Therefore
it can suffer from Y2K, if it hasn't been removed.

Sheesh, this Y2K panic is getting completely out of hand.

No it's not. We're not even close to getting everything away. How do
you think we will fare if the world's stockmarkets can't function
anymore because of a comp crash? or, which is a more likely scenario,
the stockmarket will just crash completely because of companies going
belly up when they're not prepared...

Jasper