 Robotics / 2941
2940  |  2942
Subject:
Expression limitations w/bytecode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:46:11 GMT

As I understand it, the bytecode interpreter doesn't allow you to do fairly
simple things like subtract two variables from each other.  That makes
doing comparisions between sensors somewhat challenging if you want to know
the magnitude of the difference.

It seems to me that there are two options.  I can either solve it in a
hardware sort of way (much like the differential light sensor Michael
Gasperi designed), or by replacing the firmware.  The firmware option is
the most tempting, but it doesn't appear that the replacement firmware
options are quite there yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?  Should I look into
developing yet another firmware solution?  :-)
Thanks,
  -Matt