 Robotics / 2954
Re: Expression limitations w/bytecode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:24:03 GMT

One more note on arithmetic...

The firmware supports operations where the second operand is either a
constant or a variable, but not other sources (such as input values,
timers, etc).  Present versions of NQC don't check this, so code like "a
-= IN_1;" will compile, but not run correctly.  This has been fixed in the
NQC source, so the next release will generate a compiler error for the
above line (as opposed to generating incorrect code).

Dave

In article <13987.60895.429965.999847@perdix.acsu.buffalo.edu>, "Matthew