 Robotics / 18407
Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:51:47 GMT

I have really got to agree with Ralph.  It is hard to believe that LEGO hit
this price point when you look at what is inside the box.

$60 - $30 for 2 Motors at $15 each
    - $10 IR transmitter
    - $19 light sensor
    - $15 touch sensor
Wow!  LEGO is paying us 14 bucks to take the processor, software and any
gears, bricks and misc. parts!  They are introducing the product at the
discounted price.

I am just happy to see something Technic related which is not Bionicle.  At
least there are some useful parts included in the sets.  But the thing that
I am most happy about is that I get back the RCX that has been devoted to
remote control cars for my daughter.

Thanks LEGO!

Dean Hystad