 Robotics / 18422
Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:54:08 GMT

In article <GzFA1y.J73@lugnet.com>, "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com>
wrote:

After that, it's a microscout all over again, except rather than choose a
program number, you have to download one of half a dozen preprogrammed ones.
That's it!

The Spybotics brick is actually pretty powerful and uses bytecodes quite
similar to the RCX.  I'm working right now on updating NQC to inculde
Spybotics support.  I have been able to download simple programs, now I
just have to clean up the download code a bit, then work on tweaking the
API file.  At that point (perhaps early next week), a subset of the
stuff from RCX2 will be available on Spybotics.

A future release will deal with adding things that are specific to
Spybotics.

Dave