 Robotics / 18408
RE: RCX to PDA (Answers, please :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:55:12 GMT

Hi :)

All I would like is help and answers to my questions :-)
1: Is it possible to communicate with the RCX from the Ipaq's IR?

There are at least 2 IR-Remote emulators for PocketPC's, so in theory, it's
possible (but very hard) to use the IrDA port for IR comms with the RCX.

4: Is it feasible that a "bridge" program could be made for NQC?

Go to http://www.GOOGLE.com and search for "RXCTools for WinCE"

It is a port done by Rainer Keuchel <keuchel@netwave.de> for WinCE machines
(H/PC and PocketPC's) from the original Dave Baum's NQC source-code.

(To "fake COM 1" and route the info through the IR port)

"RXCTools for WinCE" uses a tradicional RS-232 port of the H/PC or PocketPC
to connect to the IR-Tower, just like in a normal PC.

mc.