 Robotics / 17903
RE: software-controlled motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:21:00 GMT

This modular RCX ideia is perfect, very LEGOish in did :)

Steve Baker Sent Monday, May 13, 2002 10:05 PM
I think it's a shame that Lego didn't go this route in the
first place.
The whole unexpandable rigid 'RCX' concept is quite contrary to what
makes Lego fun.

<OFF-TOPIC>
IMHO, TLC isn't thinking "LEGO" anymore... It lost the main original ideia
that made LEGO look so logic, modular and limitless (and fun).

The ideia behind the newer sets (or idea implementations/solutions) look
more and more like just any other *NORMAL* toy maker.

Jack Stone reminds me of Playmobil :(
Bionicles reminds me of Transformers or any other weird action figures...

oh well...
</OFF-TOPIC>

Anyway, Mindstorms/Robotics-wise let's hope the new Spybotics are at least
RCX compatible (controllable) through IR.

mc.