 Robotics / 17848
Re: New MOC: RoboArm I
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 03:34:45 GMT

By making a good programming you can control lots of functions with one
touch sensor, wich would be complicated but it's possible.
I have tried using two touch sensors to control motors, let's say you press
the sensor once for motor A, twice for B, etc. then you press the other once
for an "ok" function and then press the same for backwards or the first one
for
forward, sets to off when released. It's a cheap alternative to Steve's
method (as I live in Argentina I will only have just one RIS 2.0 until I go
abroad again).
That would make a good tips n tricks for BimP also.
I hope it will be good for you.
Good like with that.
Jonathan.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Sadowski" <twodijits@hotmail.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: New MOC: RoboArm I

Once you have all that, you can probably use the RCX's sensors to rig
up a remote controller for your arm.

Thats the exact problem I'm having. I would like to have 1 RCX be able to
control the direction of 2 motors. So what I trying to make is a 4 button
controller using 3 touch sensors.

For instance, I want to have 1 RCX control the opening and closing of the
claw, and the rotation of the wrist.

It is even theoritcally (my spelling stinks) possible to use 3 touch • sensors
and control both forward and reverse of 3 motors.

Like this:
Given Touch sensors A, B, and C
and Motor outputs 1, 2 and 3

Depressed Switches