 Robotics / 17889
17888  |  17890
Subject:
software-controlled motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:07:27 GMT

Steve Baker writes:
> I've used a collection of four Scouts driven by IR commands from an RCX
> to drive a total of eleven motors.  Just program the scouts to read simple
> 1-byte messages sent from the RCX - use the top two bits to select which
> Scout you are talking to, the next bit to select which motor you want
> to drive and three remaining bits to select on/off fwd/reverse and drive/float.

A non-lego posing:

I wish that somebody sold software-controlled motors.  The motors
would have a power connection, and a signal connection.  The motors
would be controlled in a multi-drop fashion, so that one controller
could talk to as many robots as necessary.  The motor would always
know its own position, and could be commanded to move to another
position at a certain time in the future.

Kind of like servomotors, only multi-turn, and with an integral
controller.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Okay, enough is enough!
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Can we PLEASE all stop