 Robotics / 17854
Re: New MOC: RoboArm I
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 16:02:28 GMT

I don't know of any other source for the flex axle. I found that they did
not turn smoothly. Tend to loft. Maybe they can be contained at several
points to stop the whipping action.

I agree with your opinions of the flex axles, they dont turn smoothly, and
if there is any slack the flex axles sometimes bend in on themselves before
turning the axle. I found the best way to use them is to keep the amount of
bend to a minium and make sure they are taught.

Micromotors seem to work well in pairs, I guess they unlock each other as
needed. Did you have good luck with them at the end of your arm?

The Micromotors have been working well for me. Its funny that Steve Baker
brought up how the micromotors tend to lock up. I had never before seen that
happen until yesterday, and then I also heard about it from him at the same
time.

It is weird how they do that, I replaced the pnuematics on the claw with a
single micro motor and thats where I saw the problem. Im assuming your
correct in saying they keep each other from locking up when used in pairs,
i've used paired up micromotors a few times and have never seen it happen there.

-Brian