 Robotics / 16064
Re: RIS 1.5 and w2k -was- Re: RIS2 and w2k
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:14:23 GMT

Well, I've now had another machine that is running Win98 tell me that my IR
transmitter isn't working... I've replaced -all- the batteries. Can't really
think of anything else to try, other than a complete new transmitter / RCX.

So I am wondering, what is the chance that the transmitter is stuffed? I'm
kind of annoyed that I spent almost $300 on this, I've put together a whole
22 pieces and the thing doesn't work. Has anyone else had a stuffed
transmitter, straight out of the box? The RCX does all the motor / touch /
light sensitive tests, so I'm assuming it's the transmitter. What is TRU's
attitude to things like this?

(sorry for the cross post, but I need help!!!)

"Martin Scragg" <mnm@ains.net.au> wrote in message
The standard Lego software for 1.0 and 1.5 will not work on Win2k.  The • beta
2.0 software will, but it doesn't have the pretty GUI language (not that • you
may want it), it is just a script language..  Having said that, have you
tried playing with the range switch on the front of the tower?

Martin