 Robotics / 16108
Re: Posi-trac differential?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 06:59:50 GMT

You can substitute 16-tooth gears in place of the crankshaft pieces to jam
the dark grey gear. The disadvantage is the extra width.

Dennis

In lugnet.robotics, Rob Stehlik writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Brian B. Alano writes:
Got some pictures posted at
http://www.kiva.net/~alano/brian/torsen/

Nice work! A completely different approach than I took! Those dark grey
gears are nifty for things like this. I wish there was a smaller piece that
could be used to lock them on... Actually I think there is. did you use a
technic triangle in your diff housing? If so, you could stick a couple of
the small offset crankshaft pieces in the two side holes of the triangle.
The ends lock onto the gear teeth. I did this in one of my mechanisms:
http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~stehlik/images/ideas/fourway1/selgear.jpg
http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~stehlik/images/ideas/fourway1/selector.jpg
The trade off is that you have to use two of the dark grey gears.
Anyway, I like your implementation of the Torsen!
Rob