 Robotics / 16107
Re: Posi-trac differential?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 06:47:00 GMT

I'm not sure I follow you here. Even though the 16-tooth gear doesn't mesh
as deeply, it seems to be sufficient to prevent slippage. There is a little
more slop, however.

Note that in my suggestion to move the worm gear shaft to the diagonal, I
may not have been clear in stating that the #2 axle connectors should be
supported in diagonally opposite holes in the 40-tooth gears (though it may
have been obvious to you).

Dennis

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Alano writes:
[snip]
I looked at moving them to the diagonals, too. I'd be worried about slippage in high-torque situations. 16-tooth gear seems pretty stable already. What about putting another #2 axle connector opposite the first one without fastening it to anything else? It would help with stability in one direction, and the worm gears hold it in the other.
[snip]