 Robotics / 18835
Re: RCX 1.0 power adapter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:12:16 GMT

"Tony Hafner" <lego@NOSPAM.hafhead.com> wrote in message
news:H1opsA.EHz@lugnet.com...
I just picked up a 1.0 set, and I looked through the documentation for • info
on the type of adapter to use.  There appears to be nothing at all in any • of
the manuals.  So I'm looking at the RCX itself.  It says "9-12V~".  Is the
"~" supposed to indicate AC?

Ross- you recommend using 10V AC.  Is the 10V any better than 9V for the
RCX?  It doesn't run the outputs at higher voltage, does it?  And are you
recommending 10 over 12 because the 12V is more likely to burn it out?

Use a Train power pack. That's what the port had in mind when they made it.
I've run pbricks for weeks with no issues. The only downside is that your
motors run a little faster and that can through program timing off. I use a
power watcher task to adjust power levels on the motors if it's higher then
9v.