 Robotics / 16065
RE: Ultimate Builders Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:39:09 GMT

Thanks for the description of the parts contents. Actually, for 316 parts,
it looks rather disappointing when you open it. 12% of those parts (I
counted 37) are little grey dots.

The 7 projects are:
- an Aerial Tram with a winch. You string a thread across the room, and it
runs back and forth on it. A hook can be lowered with a winch to pick things
up.
- an Aerial Tram with a grabber.
- a table top cleaner. Drives around on the table and kicks Lego pieces
away.
- a two dimensional sheet plotter. It uses pneumatics to lower the pen.
- a climber. It uses it's two hands two climb up a wire rack.
- a thrower. It shoots Throwbot discs.
- a remote volume control. I guess you attach it to your stereo, and it
turns the volumn control knob for you.

You build the projects from modules. I guess some modules are re-usable.

There are small pictures of each project on the back of the box. I scanned
them in, and posted them at
http://www.sporkert.com/Lego/UltimateBuilders/album.thm

Tilman