 Robotics / 14311
Re: Walkers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:30:05 GMT

Hi all.

Has anyone here managed to build a "real" 2-leg walker. What I mean by
"real" is one that doesn't rely on a dragging tail, or sittnig on it's ass
to walk, but actually transfers it's weight to one foot and takes a step
with the other, then vice-versa.

If so, any links.

Thanks
Gordon

What you really want to ask here is "Has anyone built a 2-legged walker with balance?". I would say it is unlikely that one has been built, but certainly not impossible. For a balancing mechanism you need position sensing, which could be done with a rotary (distance) counter and a pendulum.

--
Harley R. Myler
http://macmyler.engr.ucf.edu