 Robotics / 13828
Re: CM-RCX comm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:20:56 GMT

At 22:17 10-01-2001 +0100, Mathias Uhr wrote:
oh, i got one more question:
how do the "script" commands of the microscout work?
e.g. command 29 ("wait for light"): does this just run the internal
program (4?) or can you combine this with other (script)
commands (e.g. wait for a light, then turn on motor)?

errr... well, I really don't know. I (unfortunatly) don't own neither a
MicroScout nor a CodePilot so I too have some question about the real
behavior of these sets when receiving VLL codes.
(but I keep watching eBay because I'm always interested in getting either
one or both sets at a reasonably low price)

Anyway, my main objective is to use the existing VLL protocol for CM<->RCX
comms. If comming to the conclusion that it's not possible to make reliable
NQC VLL input routines, then I'll have to make some other protocol, or use
a really low bps (bit per second) rate to compensate any timming problems
with sensor state aquisition, and that might spoil any possible
CodePilot/MicroScout compatibility. In that case (I'm already making some
adjustments to my lib for this scenario) I will make my lib "multi"
protocol aware, or at least, bps adjustable/definable so one can do
standard VLL output to CodePilot or MicroScout and "custom" VLL (or some
other protocol) input/output to CyberMaster, RCX or Scout.

I really need days with 48hrs :(

Marco C. aka McViper
Work mailto:mcviper@geocities.com
Home mailto:mcviper@clix.pt