 Robotics / 13827
Re: www.hammacher.com having sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:57:41 GMT

Steven Nickle wrote:
Did anyone manage to get an RIS from them?  I ordered
a couple last week and just got an email saying they were
unavailable and my order has been cancelled.
<snip>

I ordered one, along with the both the Robo Sports and
Extreme Creatures expansions. I have not received any email
from them since the verification of my order.

I just went to the website to check on the status of my
order.  The expansion sets have been sent out, but the order
for the RIS has been cancelled. I called customer service to
ask about it; they said it was out of stock.

I called to order another one, since it is _still_ on the
website as something to buy. I was told it was not in stock,
but that "strangely" there is no remarks on when they expect
it back in stock -- the salesperson seemed very puzzled by
what their system was showing.

I'm rather annoyed -- what if I didn't already have a RIS?
I'd have a couple of expansions with nothing to expand. It
irks me greatly that they simply cancelled my order with no
notice. If, due to inventory issues, they came up short and
they had to back-order it, I'd understand. I wouldn't be
thrilled, but I wouldn't be angry with them. This canceling
thing, though . . . grrr.

- Max Hufnagel
Lego Newbie