 Robotics / 13796
Re: CM-RCX comm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:20:34 GMT

"Marco C." <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3.0.6.32.20010109180502.008fcd60@gtlinux...

1) It's possible to use the OUTport->INport direct electrical connection
*IF* one uses the Off() and Float() commands to simulate the SENSOR ON and
OFF states. With this, I save the Fiber optic light unit and the light
sensor for other applications, *and* I can implement a bidirectional comms
between the two pBricks.
Ok, each will have a IN and OUT ports "wasted" for comms, but... that's an
option one has, depending on the bot project.

I just thought of something...

If we're to use a wire connected from a motor port on one brick, connected
to a sensor on another brick, that allows communication in one direction. To
get communication the other way, we need to use another motor and sensor
port. But...

Would it be possible to connect a wire from a sensor port on one brick to a
sensor port on another brick, and by changing the sensor mode on brick 1,
have brick 2 detect this?

IE, what sort of things is the sensor port outputing when it's expecting a
light sensor attached to it, vs. if it expects to have a touch sensor? In
the program, if using NQC, we can change how a sensor port is setup up with
a simple command.

Of course, I havn't tried this out, and maybe someone's already done this.
:)

    Iain