 Publishing / 997
Re: Lego at Gerf.Org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:11:37 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Matthew Miller writes:
Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
As a consumer, I really appreciate that when I form a host name out of a
company name, 9 times out of 10, I get that companies web site. Imagine
if instead, 9 times out of 10 you got a competitor's site? What if
lego.com pointed to a porno site?

I realize that it's convenient, but it's just not realistic. (See my earlier
comments. Or e-mail me if you want to hear me rant more.)

The DNS is NOT meant to be a directory service. For many reasons, it doesn't
work well as one.

To a certain extent, it doesn't really matter how it was meant to be used, but
how it does get used.

Lego sets aren't >meant< to be used by adults.  Does that mean we should all
stop using them?  <grin>

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/