 Publishing / 968
Re: Lego at Gerf.Org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 02:40:07 GMT

The Doctor What <docwhat@gerf.org> wrote:
Well.....I don't pay for the pipe, but me and Jerry own gerf.org to the
last screw.  I'm not sure what would happen if they tried.  With the way

It's an interesting point. Network Solutions gets involved in trademark
disputes over second level domains, but I've never heard of them caring
about what goes on under that -- it's not, so to speak, their domain. And if
you're providing your own DNS, there really isn't anyone else "above" you --
it's not like your 'net connection. Curious -- does anyone know of any
precedent?