 Publishing / 938
Re: Lego at Gerf.Org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:13:56 GMT

Mike Timm <mtimm@usinternet.com> wrote:
Play Well? Visit http://lego.gerf.org/
Nice idea overall, but bad idea on the domain name.

"Gerf" doesn't sound even remotely connected to LEGO. Their policy states
that you shouldn't use Lego as part of the _domain name_, which it isn't in
this case. "lego" is the _host name_, which is an entirely different thing.

Granted, their policy also talks about "an internet address", but that's an
extremely vague term. But the last sentence of the relevant paragraph
clarifies: it would be misleading to use "lego" in the domain name.