 Pirates / 2608
2607  |  2609
Subject:
French Squadron pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 06:35:11 GMT

Ahoy!

A brief spell of sunshine has permitted some photos of two of my French ships.
Neither has full rigging or sails (though the calico is at hand).

The Eponine is a 12 gun brig:

Capitaine de Corvette Jacques Legeaux (left) stands at the starboard rail with
Marine Lieutenant Javert:
(you can see the barrels two of the 8 pounders, and also the maw of the 24
pound corronade)

One of the Aspirants is at the helm, and the marines stand by. Ensigne de
Vasseux Montpercy stands by one of the 6 pounders with two of the NCOs.

The bow,
and the stern,

The Cosette is a Bomb Ketch:

It is much smaller than the brig, but mounts a 24" mortar, as well as two
eighteen pounders on the gun deck (which can be moved from side to side...), as
well as two six pound cannon, and two six pound corronades on the spar deck:

It is commanded by Lieutenant de Vasseaux Jean Thundier:

...now to finish the sloop, make some sails, and do some hat elastic rigging.

Cheers

Richie Dulin