 Pirates / 2610
Re: French Squadron pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:45:02 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes:
Oh dear me!

Quite good, indeed! I like uniforms you've cobbled up for your officers, and
the ships are quite marvelous little craft. It's quite nify how you expanded
the RBR hull to get your Brig to work.

The use of reverse slopes, then steep slopes is a direct steal from the
larger Port Block ships.

Is your sloop going to be larger or smaller?

The sloop is the smallest of the three. It's based on a Flybo hull
(stretched by 4 studs). It'll be armed like the ketch, but without the
mortar (2 big, 4 small cannon).

I suppose it's time to mobilize the yards on behalf of His Britannic
Majesty... get something together react to this splendid, menacing little
squadron!

I began adding the rigging and sails to the brig last night. I highly
recommend hat elastic (as was recommended to me by Richard Parsons), it's
the right size, and can be tensioned without putting too much stress on the
other components. Admittedly, it's not LEGO, but it's probably not as bad as
my officer's uniforms ;-).

Cheers

Richie Dulin