BrikWars: SteamPunk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 16:37:52 GMT

Well, ever since I heard it, I've been mildly obsessed with the idea of
BrikWars: Steampunk.  While I've got all kinds of ideas floating around, I
want -nay, *need*- to know if the plan involves any of the more "fantastic"
weapon ideas. Airships, Super Cannons, Heat Rays, RocketMen,
Mary-Poppins-Umbrellas-of-Death, etc. as it affects design decisions.

Plus, are there any special or house rules I should be aware of? I imagine
that each mechanical unit should probably have some kind of boiler for a
power source (although wasn't the Nautilus powered by something else? It's
only the movie I'm thinking of, so it could be out-of-wack, but I got the
impression it was supposed to be atomic-powered). But are these boilers more
susceptible to overloading or exploding on their own; when they're
damaged-to-x; can you do it on purpose?

I'm not trying to over-complicate anything, but I do enjoy hashing out new
rules and testing them.

I know it's down the road; it's probably too premature for these questions...

Evil Wayne
"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70