Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 20:15:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
<snip>

So, you might look to:

Jules Verne
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Paris in the Twentieth Century
John Boland
League of Gentlemen
Journey to the Center of the Earth (maybe?)
Brazil (maybe?)
Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Time Bandits (maybe?)

Not a bad list. The canonical steam punk book may well be _The Difference
Engine_ by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling though, since it delves into
quite fantastical steam powered computing and manufacturing devices in some
detail.

Ironically enough when I went to Amazon to look this up, on my front page
was... (under Listmania)

"Books of a LEGO enthusiast: A list by Suzanne D. Rich, co-founder of
lugnet.com (14 item list)"

<GRIN> Hopefully that will get you a few pennies, Suzanne...

++Lar