Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 21:20:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Wayne McCaul writes:
There was another RPG, Space 1889 (?) I'm not sure how relevant it might be,
but I'm fairly certain that it was Victorian-era space travel.

Another good RPG is Deadlands, though it's darker than Space 1889.

"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

Suggested reading/viewing would, again, be better selected by the other
guys, but from what I gather, it's kind of a low-tech, Victorian age
sci-fi. Like, what they thought the future would be like. kinda creepy
clockwork, mad scientist, fantastical, industrial, "magic with a dark
side" (as said in the imdb). So, you might look to:

Jules Verne
  20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  Paris in the Twentieth Century
John Boland
League of Gentlemen
Journey to the Center of the Earth (maybe?)
Brazil (maybe?)
Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Time Bandits (maybe?)