Re: BrikWars: SteamPunk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 22:00:13 GMT

"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

Info for folks:
[...]
reference material and resource suggestions from a role-playing gamer:
   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Phil_Masters/steampnk.htm

Whoah! this just freaked me out- though it has nothing to do with LEGO
(sorry). From the above link, I went here:

http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/history.html

And it's a book I own! (the German original) I haven't looked for info
on this book in a few years, but I remember a fruitless search in '92
for even the black & white Dover edition. (I wanted a translation and
rough copy to flip through without killing the original's binding)
Gee-whiz - the internet is so cool! someone actually scanned,
translated, and uploaded it. ..And now there's E-bay.. hoh.  :-)

You're all, of course, welcome to see it - though I doubt it's useful
for BW - it's still a nifty thing on it's own. There are some cool
looking characters. All the illustrations are hand colored and the
plates are in excellent condition. These scans online are poor, btw.

I'd like to see TLC make minifigs for *these* guys:

http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/PLATE64DX.HTML
http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/PLATE61CX.HTML

http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/PLATE12CX.HTML

http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/PLATE7CX.HTML
http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/PLATE7DX.HTML

BrikWars: Vikings.  ..ships. pillaging. horned helmets. Mmmm, honey mead.

-Suz