Re: Ribbed the wrong way (was:What 50 bags of white tiles can do)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:17:01 GMT

Wow, leave the newsgroups for one night and I miss a whole thread.
This is too funny. I'm sorry to see that people's feathers got ruffled,
but I can't help laughing.
And all because of a "p.s." to Chris at the end of my post. Wow.
I have the power! ROFL.
OK, come on folks. Let's play well.
Everybody get back to building trains and layouts, and let's not forget
that LEGO is a non-aggressive sport. <grin>
Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)
ParLUGment #2

p.s. Sorry to hear you won't make it Chris. I was really looking
forward to seeing that airport in person. Maybe next time?

Jason Spears wrote:

Ok it seems a few people are in a tizzy, so I am hoping to defuse it a little.
But as Larry said we should let it go. (I know, if we should just let it go,
then why am I replying at all?  Because I don't think it will just go away.) No
harm was intended on either side. I will try to reply to specific comments. (I
will be assuming things based on words written by others, if you feel I am
wrong, or putting words in your mouth please correct me, I am only trying to
help everyone feel hunky-dorry again, not stir up more angst.)

Ben wrote this:
I hope I didn't upset you at the start...but while I can understand your
confusion... it somewhat upset me that you thought that Michlug was the
group capable of putting out a decent lego show / event. -Benjamin Medinets • In reply, Scott wrote this:
Where in the world did this comment come from? Who *EVER* said that MichLUG is
the only group capable of putting out a decent LEGO show or event? That is
uncalled for. We all know that many groups around the world put out great
displays, and more power to them. To even imply that MichLUG thinks otherwise
is totally uncalled for. Please stop saying things you don't know anything
about. Tony and I were just wondering what that reference was to, since
usually Chris tells us if hegoes tot hat kind of thing.
Scott S.

I think Ben was reply in reference to Tony's post:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/michlug/?n=1729
paraphrased here:
What is the rtlToronto/Train2? Is that another show Michlug is going to
attend? What be da deal?

My impression of Tony's comment is that he hadn't heard of rtlToronto or
rtlToronto/Train2, so he was afraid it was something we were going to do, and
he needed to get prepared for it.  But I think Ben maybe have thought his
comment was in jest, saying that if it wasn't a MichLUG event it couldn't be
important.  This prespective could be further justified because everybody and
there brother took pictures at GRGATS and we all posted them.(This is not a bad
thing, it's great.  But others may/maynot be sick of seeing yet more pictures
of that MichLUG event.)

Ben writes:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/michlug/?n=1774
I wasn't trying to pick a fight....though.  As for the "extra" comments,
about the filming techniques...and such, it was a little about what happened
at the last show / event.  I was hoping those comments would contribute to a
curiousity to come out to Train2, and not the other comments.  I've seen some
of the pictures from your events....yes you don't need to brag because the
work stands for itself(Lar's comment), but on the same token, the stuff we put
out at the last show should stand on its own merit.... and this next
event.....all I can say is come out and see for yourself. I hope my comments
are just that....my comments, and I hope they (the comments) don't hinder you
from coming out.

My commenting on this doesn't really pertain to the arguement, but I do want to
say that I am now indeed interesting in attending, and will have to see how it
pans out, with money, time spent with the fiancee, etc.

-Jason