Re: What 50 bags of white tiles can do( was Re: More pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:24:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I still think Ben's remarks were essentially teasing or idle boasting with
no malice intended. Just let it go is my advice. Second best is to take it
offline but even that may lead to continued misunderstandings.

I agree.  I think Ben was just joking too.  Of course, I never really
understand what Ben is up to, but don't take it on behalf of rtlToronto as a
group formally.

1 - I *think* I've got them used to me popping in and putting opinions in,
giving feedback, etc and I for one would like rtlT-ers to feel just as
welcome here.

While I appreciate your invitation to post in your NG, I'm not a fan of
drive-by opinions, actually, and I take offense to the comment that you've
"got us used to it".  I'm one to believe that sort of posting/crossposting
is kind of irritating--There's a reason why a local or group NG exists and
that's because those issues are local, to a specific group of people, namely
those who live in and participate in, Toronto events.   Why should you
feedback to rtlToronto if you're not in our group, don't live in the GTA and
don't participate in our events?  I feel no better qualified to comment on
MichLUG for that matter--so I don't go about posting to your threads.  If
there's something you want to discuss, and it's not Toronto related, then
there's other groups for that .general, .trains etc.

Of course we want people to participate in rtlToronto, as in folks visiting,
building and bringing stuff, showing up--this is something we actively
encourage, but it makes no sense to folks randomly posting into a Toronto
newsgroup from hundreds or thousands of miles away...talk is cheap.  Action
is what counts.

Calum